Take part in developing new wearables for clinical medicine – taking our sensors and driving our product from the laboratory to clinical trials and to commercial healthcare technologies. Put your skills to work on something that matters – not incremental – and will have a big impact, save lives and change healthcare.
This role will give you the opportunity to develop user-centric wearable sensors for improved health outcomes – empowering clinicians with continuous monitoring of electrical and bioanalyte parameters.
As an R&D biomedical or medical device engineer, you will focus on the development of our minimally-invasive and pain-free wearable sensors, namely how they are applied to a person’s skin to access key body signals/information.
You will conduct proof-of-concept and feasibility studies of new designs incorporating electrical and mechanical systems to determine their ability to function as intended. This is a roll up your sleeves R&D position for a technology in the early stages, which gives you an amazing opportunity to have a big impact on a new product and progress the technology through the design and development life cycle.
You will work with a technically diverse team of scientists and engineers to integrate electrochemical sensors into wearable in vivo medical diagnostic devices that engage with the skin.
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in engineering or related subjects, a higher degree is desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience operating within a hands-on R&D environment in the medical device or similar industry with an analytical approach to bench testing.
- CAD solid modelling and basic hand tooling skills would be beneficial – this is a ‘roll up your sleeves’ R&D position.
- A sufficient grasp of quality, risk management, regulatory and clinical considerations to guide development at an early stage.
- Experience in the design, development, and commercialisation of medical devices, preferably wearable biosensors, wearable sensor systems or medical devices that engage with the skin is desirable.
- Experience in the preparation and conduct of in vivo testing is desirable.
- Proven track record of success in an R&D environment
- Proven publication and/or presentation track record
- Proficiency in data analysis and statistical techniques
- Some experience managing a project
- Self-motivation, aptitude for problem-solving, and multi-tasking ability
- The ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated initiative, motivation, and flexibility.
- You share with us an entrepreneurial spirit with enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting-edge science into impactful commercial applications.
- The ability to find pragmatic innovative solutions to technical challenges in a fast-paced start-up environment, with limited resources and time, is a must.
Please submit your application, including Resume with Covering Letter using the button belowApply Now