Use your experience in cleanroom nano/micro fabrication on the design, modelling, fabrication and testing of new MEMS wearable sensors for medicine. Put your skills to work on something that matters – not incremental – and will have a big impact, save lives and change healthcare.
In this position, you will focus on the R&D of MEMS medical sensors to advance healthcare and precision medicine.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience of cleanroom nano/micro processing, MEMS fabrication and detailed knowledge of the processing equipment that comprise a microfabrication laboratory. You will work and communicate closely with a technically diverse team of scientists and engineers to develop new products, processes and conduct innovative R&D in designer MEMS and material systems. You will integrate designed MEMS sensors into wearable in vivo medical diagnostic devices, and so proven multidisciplinary research experience and design for manufacturability is desired.
Qualifications and experience:
- An excellent science degree (or other related subjects), a higher degree is desirable.
- Proven hands-on cleanroom fabrication experience in academia or industry is essential – this is a ‘roll up your sleeves’ R&D position.
- Experience with working alongside medical device engineers and experience with sensors that engage or work within the skin would be highly desired.
- Experience in the semiconductor fabrication industry and scaling production from an R&D setting into manufacturing would be highly desired.
- Proven track record of success in an R&D environment
- Proven publication and/or presentation track record
- Proficiency in data analysis and statistical techniques
- Some experience managing a project
- Self-motivation, aptitude for problem-solving, and multi-tasking ability
- The ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated initiative, motivation, and flexibility.
- You share with us an entrepreneurial spirit with enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting-edge science into impactful commercial applications.
- The ability to find pragmatic innovative solutions to technical challenges in a fast-paced start-up environment, with limited resources and time, is a must.
Please submit your application, including Resume with Covering Letter using the button belowApply Now